Frequently Asked Questions
- Why use Baby Cards Direct?
- How many Invitations should I order?
- Can I change the wording on the invitations?
- Can I get a custom made design?
- I want to change the colours of the design I’ve found?
- What kind of file format is required?
- What kind of picture resolution is required?
- Checking Picture Quality
- Do I have to use a digital camera?
- What kind of picture works best?
- How do I insert fadas or other language letters?
- Unable to Register
Acceptance of Order:
- Check Carefully
- What if I want to cancel or amend the order?
- Can I edit the design of my card before ordering?
- Is there a minimum order?
- What is included with my order?
- Can I order more cards?
- What if I am not satisfied with my cards?
Billing and Payment Methods:
- What payment methods are accepted?
- When paying for my order how can I be sure my credit card details are safe and secure?
- Who will be billing me for my order?
Delivery of order:
- When can I expect delivery of my cards?
- Is a signature required?
- Can I get delivery outside of Ireland?
1. Why use Baby Cards Direct?
All our baby cards come with envelopes and delivery is guaranteed in 3 to 4 working days. We are an Irish company based in Sligo.
2. How many Invitations should I order?
It’s entirely up to you! Our quantities start at a minimum quantity of 20 upwards in multiples of 10.
3. Can I change the wording on the invitations?
The templates are all blank so you can put in any amount of text you would like.
4. Can I get a custom made design?
Yes choose the blank template option and start designing your own card from scratch.
5. I want to change the colours of the design I’ve found?
It’s not possible to change the background colour of a specific design. If you’ve found a design you like but want a different colour we recommend that you browse through our design selection and try to find a different design with more suiting colours or contact us by email or alternately call us on 071-9133409.
6. What kind of file format is required?
Our website accepts photos uploaded in the following format: JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG. You will be able to view if your file is in the correct format by viewing the file properties to see the name for example Baby.jpeg, Baby.png, Baby.gif etc
7. What kind of picture resolution is required?
A resolution of 200-300 dpi for the photo will result in a high-quality card being produced. The average digital picture is approximately 500KB or above and this will result in a high quality printed card. To check the type and size of your file copy your picture to your PC desktop and right click on your image and click on “Properties” at the end of the list. Under the “General” tab you are able to view the type and size of your file.
8. Checking Picture Quality
If you have uploaded a high-resolution picture you will be able to zoom into the uploaded picture and position it correctly within your artwork design.
NB: The higher the resolution of the image the greater the flexibility of the zoom feature.
9. Do I have to use a digital camera?
Ideally, digital cameras produce the best quality pictures. Most people use their smartphones. If you are happy with the quality of the photo go ahead and upload it.
10. What kind of picture works best?
Try to avoid taking pictures with the flash as this can often wash out colours. Also, try to avoid distracting backgrounds and colours. Neutral backgrounds or a neutral rug often provide great pictures.
11. How do I insert fadas or other language letters?
For Fadas please type directly in the Edit Element Text box in the personalise stage, please hold down CTRL & ALT button together and then press your desired Letter ( á,é,í,ó,ú). For another language please refer to your windows/ computer help or alternately google your desired word and copy and paste the text into the Edit Element Text box directly. Any problem contacts us at email@example.com.
12. Unable to Register
If you are experiencing problems registering you may be using an outdated web browser and need to upgrade to a newer version.
Acceptance of Order
13. Check Carefully
Double-check your finished card for mistakes prior to placing your order. Once the order is placed in the system that’s it done!
14. What if I want to cancel or amend the order?
The website has an automated ordering process so once an order has been confirmed and payment processed we regret we are unable to amend or cancel the order or refund your money. Our personalised products are made to order and we are unable to cancel an order simply because you have changed your mind.
15. Can I edit the design of my card before ordering?
Yes, In your shopping cart you can view/edit the product by clicking Edit Product this will bring you back to personalise stage. We ask customers to carefully check all the details on the card and the quality of the photos uploaded (if relevant) and tick a check box confirming you are happy with your design and have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions before placing your order.
16. Is there a minimum order?
No, We can cater for all quantities, If you require something that is not stated on our website please call us or email your enquiry and will get back to you as soon as possible.
17. What is included with my order?
Envelopes (white) are included and delivery is free of charge nationwide (Ireland and Northern Ireland).
18. Can I order more cards?
Email us with your order number and let us know the extra quantity or click on the Customer Login button at the top of the website and enter your unique Username and Password which you created when you registered on the website.
19. What if I am not satisfied with my cards?
In the rare event you are unhappy with your cards please contact the office explaining why and we will endeavour to find a solution. Please refer to our returns policy for further information.
Billing and Payment Methods
20. What payment methods are accepted?
We accept MasterCard and Visa/ Visa debit and Credit card payments only.
21. When paying for my order how can I be sure my credit card details are safe and secure?
You can pay either through Paypal or Stripe. Both Paypal and Stripe are highly secure.
22. Who will be billing me for my order?
Babycardsdirect.ie is owned and operated by Orbicon Print.
Orbicon Print Limited will be the name that appears as the debit name on your credit card statement.
Orbicon Print Ltd, Unit 8B Northwest Business Park, Collooney, Co. Sligo, Ireland.
Delivery of order
23. When can I expect delivery of my cards?
Cards are delivered using a courier service (Fastways) within 3 working days from dispatch of the order. On placement of a successful order, a confirmation email will be sent and once your order has been dispatched you will receive a further update by email. Please check your spam folder encase these emails end up here.
24. Is a signature required?
Yes, you must sign for your stationery, so it’s best if you have your order delivered to an address where you will be available to sign for it such as work.
25. Can I get delivery outside of Ireland?
Yes, we deliver to locations outside Ireland, this can be arranged and costs will apply, Please choose from the drop down menu when adding your delivery details, if a country you wish isn’t stated please email for a quote.